The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

+4
doctorx
kevinrolfe
steveraceuk
apn
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? Empty Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by apn Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:59 pm

I would, save that I run my own already (can't post link on here until I've been a member a week apparently). If there was enough interest and I had time, I'd do it though. Doesn't have to be a long, sprawling campaign, even a simple encounter or two and see how it goes from there?

apn

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by steveraceuk Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:10 pm

I think i've removed the link restriction. Can you have a go when you get a chance?
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by apn Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 am

The Vanguard - Darkening Shadows Campaign

There we go. Hope that works. Think we've been on that site for 2 years, and spent a year before that being messed about on another forum which would disappear without trace then come back without warning because the forum owner was a bit of a dick, so we made our own forum. So, 3 years and counting, and I have no end to the campaign in sight (but the players have been stuck fighting world war II for a year so its nearly time to get back to where they were, though that depends on them)

apn

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 am

Great site! Thanks for the link. I've got a lot of reading to do.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 am

Me too

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 pm

If people are willing I'd be VERY interested at having a go at running a PBP game on here!

Please bear in mind I've only played GOLDEN HEROES to date - just got the pdf of the basic SQUADRON UK rules so I'll need to bring myself up to speed on what's new (so please bear with me!  Embarassed ) but I've missed this game a lot and would love a chance to run it again!

Any takers, true believers? Please let me know?  Very Happy 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 am

In a similar situation myself rules-wise. I'd be up for it....
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Fri May 30, 2014 8:22 pm

I'd be interested. Have played the new rules but not as much as i'd like. Currently running a (paused at the moment) Savage Worlds Necessary Evil Game on another forum so I have an idea of how these things work.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Two takers already? Excellent! Thanks, guys! A couple more and I think we may be in business!  Very Happy 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 pm

I have a feeling Kevin may be interested but he's at Games Expo right now running Squadron UK as we speak. I'll ping him a message over the weekend and get him to check in when he's back.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 pm

If you want to go ahead with this, i'll set you up a separate area of the forum to host the game if it would help.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 pm

That would be great! Thank you!  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sat May 31, 2014 7:35 pm

I'll get something set up later. Let me know what you think.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 pm

I've set up a basic framework to support a play by post game. So far, there is a topic for admin, such as character generation and house rules and scheduling. There is a background topic to allow for posting of notes on the game world. I've also set up in character and out of character topics. In my Necessary Evil game, I also set up a topic for each character so the player could post the character sheet there and use that thread to keep track of experience and so on. I'm happy to adjust to your needs so let me know what you think.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 pm

This is great! Thank you for all your hard work!  Smile 

Okay, still familiarising myself with the new rules and this week is going to be heavy work-wise, but I'll start trying to put up some background stuff in the next couple of days so people can get a flavour of what I'm planning to unleash on you all! I think I'll need about 4 players to make it work, but I'll happily take more if the demand is there.

Thanks again for the help. I hope I can do the game justice.  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm happy to help. I'm sure more people will jump in. If you need anything else, let me know, either here or by private message. Looking forward to it.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:12 am

Yes please i would very much like to play...

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I knew we could count on Kevin
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Okay, that's three potential players! Great! Long day today (not helped by taking a minor crack on the head during it  Crying or Very sad ) so I won't be able to do much more tonight, but I'll try and start getting some stuff up tomorrow. I find it usually helps these games along if the GM handles all the dice rolling. Are you guys okay with that? If so, I'll get to work on starting your characters off. I'll just give you the numbers - everything else is up to you!  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:09 pm

That's fine with me, doctorx!
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Okay, stupidly long day at work and my head's still ringing, but I've managed to at least rattle a few dice. All three folk who have expressed an interest in taking part in the campaign, stand by to receive your initial dice rolls via PM! I think we'll handle character creation this way, just to give your characters a little more sense of mystery when you meet up!

I'm rolling according to the SQUADRON UK basic rules, so everyone's got 8 power rolls and you've used 4, followed by one check for Background. If you'd care to take a look at that, then PM me back how you'd like to allocate your remaining rolls and we'll go from there?  Smile 

To help with origin stories, the time the campaign is set in is THE PRESENT (albeit a present not quite our own) and the place is NEO LONDON - capital of the British Isles in a reality very similar to ours, but one where superheroes and villains have been an established fact for some considerable time. I'll try and get a more detailed background up on the PBP board in the next 24 hours or so when I'm not quite so groggy and pushed for time. Any questions, feel free to PM me.  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Just sent my reply to your PM.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Received and new information sent!

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:08 am

Ditto

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

PM responded to and new information sent!

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next