The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast Empty Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast

Post by steveraceuk Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 pm

The first episode of the Squadron Chatter podcast is now available. You can listen or download here http://squadronchatter.podomatic.com/.
You can email the show at squadronchatter@outlook.com or tweet the show at @squadronchatter. You can also find the show at http://squadronchatterpodcast.blogspot.co.uk/.

In the first episode, i'm joined by Kevin Rolfe, the man behind the Legacy Kickstarter for Squadron UK. We talk about Kevin's history with Squadron UK and how Legacy came to be. I hope you enjoy it and look forward to hearing what you think.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast Empty Re: Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast

Post by Zenith's Back Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Just finished listening - good stuff. Really wish I'd got involved in the Kickstarter now but circumstances conspired. Particularly liked the cameo of the guinea pigs......

Kevin - love the 1980 concept. What do you have happening in 1899?
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast Empty Re: Squadron Chatter - The Squadron UK podcast

Post by steveraceuk Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:18 pm

He he. Bloody guinea pigs. Knew I should have removed their water bottle while we were recording. Squadron Chatter, keeping it real. Seriously though, thanks for listening.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 pm

1899 is The year STRIKEBACK is set. It is also the year Jacob Hoist watched himself get shot through the head.

I am working on a "jump on the band wagon" late idea for the book, I might be able to do something with PayPal. I'll keep you posted.

The podcast was fun, to do.

Thanks steve

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey, no problem. I enjoyed it. Look forward to the next one.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 am

Finally back into real life after lovely holiday in Mexico. I'm planning for the second episode of Squadron Chatter. That's right, you didn't ask for it but you're getting more anyway Very Happy. Early plans for this episode are covering some feedback from the first episode and some topics raised by listeners. Also will be doing a Games Expo preview with Kevin as Squadron UK is all over the games schedule at this years' con. I'd love to hear from any of you with ideas for the show. Probably recording during the third week of May so you've got a bit of time to get your thinking hats on.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Wed May 27, 2015 10:17 pm

The second episode of Squadron Chatter is now available.

Squadron Chatter Episode 2

In this episode, i'm joined by Kevin Rolfe again. We talk about feedback for our first episode and cover some topics raised by correspondents. We also preview Kevin's games at UK Game Expo.

Please note that since the show was recorded, online registration for games has now closed.

I'd love to hear from you.

Email the show at squadronchatter@outlook.com, find us on Twitter at @squadronchatter and on the web at http://squadronchatterpodcast.blogspot.co.uk/.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Just finished listening, liking the wider introduction of more pets as a focal point! I'm playing in Origins tomorrow morning so looking forward to meeting Kevin - I do like the concept of conventionverse as a setting, particularly if I go for more than one day next year!
I think the whole Britishness discussion can generate some good discussion for the future - there's a lot of inspiration out there. Zenith of course, Moore and Gaiman's handling of Miracle Man etc. Marvel's handling of Captain Britain and Union Jack in various settings and contexts has been a real roller coaster and I think bringing American heroes into a UK setting has worked way better than the other way around as evidenced in Excalibur. There is a difference between a British setting and a British style though - for example the Pete Wisdom setting didn't feel British to me in style but the WHO equivalent in Davis' Excalibur had that feel to it. I think the thing I've read most recently that is the complete package is Moore's Albion. It think the podcast topic though is how do you capture that in a game?
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:05 pm

How did you find the session.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Enjoyed it. Convention games can sometimes be a bit awkward playing with a bunch of strangers but I think we worked well as a group quite quickly. It was par for the course that I ended up dangling from a tree, out the back of a van and my super power debut pretty much amounted to running into a wall but you can't anticipate those 01s! I think you created a good atmosphere and coped well with the range of experience in the group (and thanks to Tom for the jelly smurf bad guys/sugary snacks) Pity I was only there for the day as I would have liked to follow the campaign through. Maybe next year....
How did the campaign go?

Last edited by Zenith's Back on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell!)
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:44 pm

I over did it getting to the con on Friday, I was so tired I overslept and missed one game. That said the rest of the games went well, I had new players and returning players. It was a lot of fun, looking forward to next year, I am going to do dragonmeet and wyntercon this year as well

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:06 pm

I have recorded 7 games, these will be available shortly,

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:15 pm

As for the campaign, the session that followed on from yours saw the team spend three hours on a wild goose chase, before an assault on the restaurant, the end result was then taking the flying galleon, I over slipped for lancelot, but the final sessions saw a frostrom getting two back to back crits, and him shooting the thing out of the sky. It all went down hill from then, one hero flew in to a box and got trapped there for a couple of rounds.

The day was finally saved by Jenny Peters, who stepped up to the plate and deactivated Overlords suit.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:22 pm

The box thing makes me feel better about running into a wall!
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 am

The incident with the box was, very funny

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:18 pm

In the first adventure I mention percy fawcett, this is a link to some more info about him. Including a photo which I will grab for the book
percy fawcett

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm hoping to record Episode 4 of Squadron Chatter early in September. The topic for this episode will be character creation. The plan is to record the process of creating a character using the basic rules. So please let me know if you have any questions about the process that you'd like us to address.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Squadron Chatter Episode Four

Episode 4 is now available
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm hoping to record the next episode of Squadron Chatter this week. The plan is to work through the random character generation system as an example to new players. As usual, let me know if you have any questions.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Squadron Chatter Episode 5

Episode 5
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Squadron Chatter Episode 6 is now live.

This episode includes the first part of our actual play of The Lancelot Caper

Episode 6
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:25 am

As an aside, the 15 actual plays and the YouTube recording of a Google hangout are all on the Facebook group dedicated to my Legacy_Universe.

Its called the legacy_universe, if you cannot find it message me and I'll add you.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 am

There are no plans to release any more of the Expo recordings via the podcast so be sure to join Kevin's Facebook group if you'd like to hear them.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:30 pm

Squadron Chatter Episode 7 is now available

Episode 7
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:47 pm

I've set up a Facebook page for Squadron Chatter
Squadron Chatter Podcast
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next