Playtest game report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Playtest game report

Post by steveraceuk on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I must tread carefully here as the game was being run by Kevin who is actively play testing the new game. I don't want to get him in trouble so I will stay away from specifics of the new system.

We sat down and rolled up three random characters for the purposes of the play test. This took around thirty minutes and went very smoothly, with minimal looking up of rules. Simon has introduced a nice walk through sheet for character generation which works extremely well.

Next, we set up a basic map with a bit of terrain, cars specifically and went at it. My character was taking on two others. My character was a super strong martial artist. Essentially, Kevin's character threw a car at me, which I dodged. While he was looking for another car to throw (Kevin really wanted to test the throwing rules Shocked ) I went toe to toe with Gauntlet (I think), an armored energy projector with cybernetic gauntlets. We had a bit of trading of blows but I managed to dodge his attacks, while being unable to offer much in return as I kept using up my frames dodging :-). This carried on for a bit until Kevin threw another car at me, narrowly missing his ally, Gauntlet. I evaded again, but eventually Kevin's character caught up with me, and a couple of bad rolls meant I missed catching a car he threw at me (again). This knocked me about pretty badly and Kevin then moved in and finished me off.

The new rules played very nicely, actually. We highlighted a few concerns with initiative and dodging, which Kevin has fed back along with a couple of questions which came up in character creation. On the whole, I think Squadron UK is moving in the right direction and I look forward to playing more in a coupe of weeks.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playtest game report

Post by kevinrolfe on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Next time i will not shout duck

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:28 pm

For the next play test, i'm thinking of writing up stats for the pseudo-Avengers featuring Captain Liberty, Thunder, Rampage, Bowman, Guardian and Black Spider Very Happy
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Cool want to take them through Lancelot Caper next week?

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top