The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80's comics

2 posters

Go down

80's comics Empty 80's comics

Post by Captain Arizona Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:12 pm

I like a lot of 80's stuff from smaller press imprints. Two such imprints were First Comics and Eclipse Comics. These two companies put out some really neat stuff, with mid- to low- powered heroes that remind me a lot of GH/SqUK heroes. In particular, First Comics' Badger, a martial artist who can communicate with animals (and is also quite insane). And, from Eclipse, The New Wave, The Liberty Project and DNAgents (there was a DNAgents sourcebook for Vilains & Vigilantes, actually). Also, from the 90s, Valiant Comics' Harbinger series.

Just wanted to recommend these as inspiration/flavor. That's what I've been using them for. Along with Marvel UK's Captain Britain.

Eclipse and First also put out a lot of really great non-superhero stuff for anyone who is interested. Personal faves are First's American Flagg!, and Eclipse's excellent Scout.
Captain Arizona
Captain Arizona

Back to top Go down

80's comics Empty Re: 80's comics

Post by steveraceuk Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm

I don't have a lot of familiarity with these titles but agree they are a good source of inspiration . I wouldn't be surprised to learn our own Kevin Rolfe is a fan
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down