Is this how blast should work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this how blast should work?

Post by jamat on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 pm

At level 1 you get 1d/ 2d which can be either kill or stun.

You can increase this by 2d per round of power you decide to put into it with a maximum of 5 rounds of power allowed.

So max attack would be 1d/2d +10d split between kill and stun with a max of 2d between the two types of damage.

After the attack to be able to do another 1d/2d + 10d attack the character needs to wait 5 rounds as it he will recover 2d per round.

The character can still attack the next round but only at the base 1d/2d +2d (2d for recovery that round)

If the character waited two rounds after his max attack he could attack again with a 1d/2d+4d attack.

So the recovery would look like this.

Round 1: 1d/2d+2d
Round 2: 1d/2d+4d
Round 3: 1d/2d+6d
Round 4: 1d/2d+8d
Round 5: 1d/2d+10d

This will all depend on when in the five round period the character decides to attack again once the next attack happens the recovery starts all over again

A level two character can elect to have a 4d recovery per round so he can give out a lot more damage quicker than a level one character.

I take it the 5 round max still applies

If he were to do his max attack it would be 1d/2d+20d (4d recovery per round) which is basically twice that done by a level one character. And the incremental damage done over the five rounds as indicated in the table above would be round 1: 4d, round 2: 8d, round 3: 12d, round 4: 16d and round 5: 20d.

Is this how blast actually works or have I got it totally wrong?

Comments appreciated

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this how blast should work?

Post by kevinrolfe on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Ill read this a couple of times and let you know

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm

No problem take as much time as you need.

I just want to get it right as I've randomly rolled up two characters now with energy blast

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

this just in from Simon

Thanks for this.

One day I'll get it right.

Let's try it backwards:

The biggest energy attack allowed is 10 dice.

Dice must be split between Kill and Stun so that there is no more than 2 dice difference.

Therefore the biggest attack allowed is 6dice Stun and 4 dice Kill (or vice versa)

The first 3 dice of the attack are Free - 1dice Kill and 2 dice Stun (or Vice versa)

However, you MUST allocate at least one die from your "dice pool" to the energy attack.

So the SMALLEST energy attack will be 3 dice stun and 1 die kill - or vice versa.

If you have used up all the dice in your pool you cannot fire an Energy attack until it regenerates.

Two outcomes of this are:

1) If you have a big "dice pool" (ie. 8 or 10 dice) you can't use up all your dice in a single shot.
2) You're best adding ODD numbers of dice to an Energy blast.

Example:

Zapper has Fire Blast level 2. He has 10dice in his dice pool which regenerate over 4 rounds.

Round 1 he uses 1 die - adds it to Stun. Attack does 1d Kill and (2d+1) 3d Stun. 9 dice left.

Round 2 he uses 7 dice. Adds it to Kill. 6d Kill and 4d Stun. 2 dice left.

Round 3 he fires two one die blasts. (the same as round 1). No dice left.

Round 4 - no dice in his dice pool so he cannot use his energy attack.

Round 5 - all his 10 dice come back.

Cheers!

ps.

At level 1 you get 1d/ 2d which can be either kill or stun. CORRECT

You can increase this by 2d per round of power you decide to put into it with a maximum of 5 rounds of power allowed. CORRECT

So max attack would be 1d/2d +10d split between kill and stun with a max of 2d between the two types of damage. WRONG. 1D/2D PLUS UP TO 7D. THE TOTAL CANNOT BE MORE THAN 10.

After the attack to be able to do another 1d/2d + 10d attack the character needs to wait 5 rounds as it he will recover 2d per round. WRONG. HE RECOVERS 10D AT THE END OF 5 ROUNDS IN ONE GO. NOT 2D PER ROUND.

The character can still attack the next round but only at the base 1d/2d +2d (2d for recovery that round) WRONG. YOU CAN'T USE AN ENERGU ATTACK UNLESS YOU ADD AT LEAST ONE DIE

If the character waited two rounds after his max attack he could attack again with a 1d/2d+4d attack. WRONG (SEE ABOVE).

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi there Kevin

Thanks for finding hat out for me I understand fully now how it works.

Cheers

Jason

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top