Make a character out of these rolls?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Make a character out of these rolls?

Post by jamat on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Ok thought I'd see if anyone would like to have some fun. I've just rolled eight times on my dice roller and come up with the rolls below. I've not had chance to check what they are but I thought we could use them to see how many different character backgrounds we could come up with.

80, 43, 35, 48, 67, 05, 13, 57.

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Make a character out of these rolls?

Post by jamat on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Ok here are what the rolls mean

Strength
Follower
Flight
Force field
Protection
Acrobatics
Change form
Martial arts

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:30 am

cool, i'll have a think

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Ok here's my attempt at putting all the powers together in one background

FALCON

Henry's dad was an expert in predatory birds and after his mother died Henry went with his father on field assignments to Egypt to study and set up a rescue programme for Egyptian vulture.

While there Henry witnessed a fledging falcon smack into the side of his tent. The young boy took it to his father who set its broken wing and told his son he would have to look after it himself as he was too busy.

That night, the eve of his 13th birthday Henry had a dream. He fond himself in one of the pyramids in front of the statue of Horus the falcon headed god.

A voice deep commanding but also gentle spoke to him." I am Horus, I sense in you the heart of a champion I sense a soul that cares. For rescuing one of my children I grant you one wish " 

Henry looked up into the face of the statue " I wish to fly with your children, to feel as free as they are in the great open sky."

There was a chuckle " then you will have your wish granted but when you become a man you must become a guardian of the weak a protector of the innocent. If you agree then my young friend you will have the power to fly and more."

In the morning Henry found himself back in his tent with the fledgling perched on his bed post.

As Henry got older he found he felt the need to fly. It got so great that his father took him to doctor after doctor but they recorded depression.

One evening Henry was up on the roof of the hotel they were staying in. He was 16 and didn't want to live anymore he felt he was going crazy. He stood on the parapet and letting Horus his pet falcon loose he stepped off into thin air.

As he dropped he heard a distant voice" open your wings and fly my child" as the ground came towards him Henry closed his eyes and imagined he had wings and he felt the image so real he opened his eyes and there unfolding behind him was a pair of beautiful falcon wings instinctively he angled them skimming the ground before pulling up and taking to the sky with his pet.

When he landed back on the roof the wings disappeared only to reappear when he thought of them.

Over the following months he noticed other powers he realised his skin had become tougher and his strength had increased.
While flying he felt more agile than when on the ground and if he really concentrated he could turn into a large falcon.

The most amazing thing of all was his ability to take the purity of his her and soul and make them a solid wall of protection around him that gave him increased protection from damage.

These powers he kept to himself until when he was 18 he used them to stop a mugging. That was a turning point for the young man and that night Horus came to him in a dream and reminded him of the promise he had made. The next day Henry joined a martial arts club and within a year he was one of the best in the class. 

At night he used his new found skill to create a martial arts style that he could use while in the air. This gave him an advantage over land grounded humans.

So it was a new hero took to the skies a hero of the wind a bird man called falcon and he stood for the rights of the good and was a protector of the innocent

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Well I've kicked this off with my version of the first 8 powers rolled. I've rolled another 8 powers below.

Feel free to create a background for this set or the one above. It would be nice to see how many different types of superheroes can be created from the same power sets.

I will post what the powers are when I get home and have my book in front of me unless someone wants to do it for me.

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Managed to locate the power table so here are the new power set

41 = Flight
16 = cloaking
03 = acrobatics
95 = Weapon
06 = acrobatics
84 = strength
12 = Change form
75 = Regeneration

Thats an interesting set of powers to work with.

Come on have a little fun and post your characters

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:01 pm

well I did my best to inject some life into this forum by setting up this thread to get people thinking about character creation..... but alas the tumble weed still seems to be rolling round the forum.Sad

Oh well I'll just carry on designing characters in the privacy of my own head.

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:28 am

Sadly, this is the problem when there are only 21 users. the forums waxes and wanes, when it comes to activity.
i am a member of a load of forums and the only one that gets daily activity, and has done for years is the Delta Green one. the Official Squadronuk one get very light traffic. so don't be disheartened.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solar Guardian

Post by Hopeless on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:57 pm

jamat wrote:Ok here are what the rolls mean

Strength
Follower
Flight
Force field
Protection
Acrobatics
Change form
Martial arts
Serbian born Morganna Jeredinov powers emerged when she witnessed the assassination of her adopted father at the hands of an American black Ops team sent to eliminate anyone who could have prevented the resulting carnage in shattered Serbia.
Reacting instinctively she unknowingly activated her powers as she flew (Flight) to her father's aid shielding him from further attack (Protection and Force Field) as she scooped him up (Strength) and easily countering her father's attackers' whose weapons bounced off her she fled the area.
Mortally wounded her father made her promise to flee her homeland and rebuild her life far from her childhood home which she did eventually managing to gain UK Citizenship but she never forgot her past continung to train (Martial Arts) eventually discovering she could alter her form to protect her identify (Change Form) and developed her flying expertise (Acrobatics) to fine tune herself as she began her career as a superhero.

Notes: Still undertakes schooling but currently works part time in a few jobs at certain times during the week leaving her a few evenings spare for patrols or research since she knows she isn't the only powered.
Her relationships have been unsteady and her last boyfriend returned to Canada a year ago and hasn't been in contact for the last few months, she's still somewhat outgoing with friends but much prefers to avoid loud nightclubs and getting drunk as she's very much aware her past could easily come to light if she isn't careful.
Officially was declared dead by her mother, DICE are aware she's the adopted daughter of a former Russian powered but have yet to discover she's actually his granddaughter and a powered in her own right.
The people behind her father's murder are aware she survived but since she hasn't crossed their radar yet have yet to realise she's now in the UK.

Well dropped Follower but otherwise I think I covered the rest her force field I picture as personal but able to shield those directly behind her or being carried if she's in flight was thinking disrupting her force field also negates her flight powers and that her alter form is purely cosmetic rather full body change so her hair and eyes go white and her body looks like its glowing which could be a side effect of her force field.
Martial arts due to training, self defence sounds plausible although not so sure about Oriental since Pugilism doesn't sound right either!
Strength and Protection should be innate so she isn't defenceless.
I figure Acrobatics is more due to her Flight power rather than her being a gymnast but figure training herself via that power is why she has that particular talent.

If I had the choice I'd swap out Follower for a background talent such as Brilliant Industrialist just to mess things up and say she donned her deceased father's suit of powered armour and used that to rescue him and is now working to rebuild her life and keep her powered armour working whilst the Serbs, the Russians and the US and others are trying to work out what to do about this new technical genius!Laughing

Characterstics:
Strength (10) 26, Endurance 15, Dexterity 12, Agility 12, Psyche 11

Last edited by Hopeless on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hopeless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Light: Powered Crossdresser

Post by Hopeless on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 pm

jamat wrote:Managed to locate the power table so here are the new power set

41 = Flight
16 = cloaking
03 = acrobatics
95 = Weapon
06 = acrobatics
84 = strength
12 = Change form
75 = Regeneration

Thats an interesting set of powers to work with.
Motes

Come on have a little fun and post your characters
The Light: Would be olympic gymnast, Nadia Stuart ended up being expelled from the Olympics program due to a faked drug charge substantiated by an odd result from a doping check.

It was only later she discovered she was a powered developing the ability to hide in plain sight (Cloaking) her natural gymnastic talents she developed further (Acrobatics Grade 2) seeking to disprove her critics but of course they weren't interested in the injustice she had been served with.

Focusing her talents she eventually discovered she possessed enhanced strength as well as recuperative powers (Strength & Regeneration) and during a parkour bout with a rival she learnt she could also fly (Flight) which initially developed as a form of leaping before she mastered it combing with ehr invisibility talent so she could hide the true extend of her abilities.

To offset her physical abilities she chose to practise with a melee fighting style (Weapon: Tonfa or Batons) and making use of her childhood upbringing by a stage magician found a way to disguise herself often managing to walk out uncloaked as long as she has time to change (Alter Form: Disguises) however eventually tiring of chauvinistic heroes she started posing as a man and even managed to pull this off out of costume which left her feeling rather bemused at the opposite sex!

Her initial hope of redeeming herself was forgotten as she threw herself into her new career as a crimefighter, initially not very impressive but she hoped with time she could find others to team up with and hopefully finally make a difference in a world that turned its back on her when she needed their help... her simple desire was to prevent that happening to anyone else...

As Nadia Stuart she's a disgraced olympian, as the Light she's a weird male costumed crimefighter with a habit of being able to pass off as a woman if gossip means anything on the street... Shocked

Is it bad of me I picture her as Katana from Beware the Batman but looks a mite more masculine?Question

Characteristics:
Strength (16) 24, Endurance 15, Dexterity 11, Agility 17, Psyche 9

Last edited by Hopeless on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hopeless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopeless on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 pm

jamat wrote:Ok here are what the rolls mean

Strength
Follower
Flight
Force field
Protection
Acrobatics
Change form
Martial arts
Okay how about:

Oldfather: Built during the second world war, rumoured by an alien ally this suit of power armour was thought lost but actually kept by its last pilot who maintained the antique battlesuit until he was conned into allowing access to the suit by a member of the KGB who not only sold the designs to the West but also the Russian Mafia used the design to create their own mass produced suits.
Embittered the pilot tried to recover the designs but was slain during a duel with a Squad of Mafia built battlesuits, his armour ended up in the hands of his granddaughter who was forced to use the suit to escape a reprisal attack that claimed the lives of her family and managed to reach the West ending up in the care of an MI5 agent who took pity on the orphan and adopted her.
The suit now in MI6 hands was left mothballed until the granddaughter found it again during her tenure as a rookie MI5 agent and she took the suit back into action when the Russian Mafia sent a small army of their mass produced copies against a state of the art copy made by Killraven Industries.

The original has Armour (Protection), Superstrength (Strength), rocket pack (Flight) and a prototype Force Field projector designed to boost its armour (Force Field/Personal) however the mass produced copies have all of these and a limited form of holographic projection capability designed to cloak the suit (Change Form) but the state of the art copy being lighter has also Acrobatics limited to whilst in flight.

The resulting fight ended with Oldfather the victor and its pilot becoming its official pilot and member of a new DICE supervised super team however Russia is still at odds with what they see as a stolen piece of hardware and they still haven't stopped hunting her grandfather even though they were told he was killed.

However the creator of the original armour may have something to say about that!Twisted Evil 

All pilots of these suits have Martial Art training

Hopeless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:12 pm

I like the write ups must get round to posting something myself for the second batch of powers

jamat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top