Birmingham Expo 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Birmingham Expo 2014

Post by kevinrolfe on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:15 am

just got word they will be allowing submissions for next years games, so here's what i am thinking. (all these are part of the Legacy Continuity)

5/6 games

the last of the unrun classics.
Queen Victoria and the Holy Grail
Crossfire/Reunion

and some brand new ones
The Pact at Strarlight: the Second Starlight Pact are called to investigate the missing Moonblade by a man called MR Price, who wishes to meet them at Borley Rectory, this is a Supernatural/Superhero romp.

Remembering the EAGLES: An Officers of DICE investigation into the disappearance of the EAGLES.
The Golden Age: the EAGLES vs the Destroyer set in the 1950's, and revolved around the discover of the parallel time line and the Kestrals

then as reserve ideas
Something.Something Maltese Falcon (this is a kind of follow on from Queen Victoria and the Holy Grail
Hitler and the Holy Grail (though Himmler would be a better bet) this again is a follow up to QV&HG
Star-light,Star-bright, The Legacy of the Star-God. A Cosmic Starguard adventure.

Any thoughts

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Birmingham Expo 2014

Post by kevinrolfe on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:19 am

Remembering the EAGLES: An Officers of DICE investigation into the disappearance of the EAGLES. this will not have Superheroes as PC's.

Star-light,Star-bright, The Legacy of the Star-God. A Cosmic Starguard adventure. Might rename this one "Beneath the shadow of the Stars"

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Having enjoyed myself last year i am back for more, much more. i plan to run 7 sessions, all SquadronUK (Natch). here's my proposed list which is awaiting approval. this year i am taking the train so should not be stuck on the m25 for hours...

Each adventure is set in the Legacy universe, each one is loosely linked to each other in some way, though it is not necessary to play in each one as a campaign.

1- The Pilcomayo Project
Friday afternoon
You are a group of Thrill seekers on a whistle stop tour of the "Ancient Aliens” sites in Mexico, none of you are superheroes, what will follow might just change that.

Betrayed, and kidnapped by FARC rebels, your lives are in terrible danger. ODESSA, inhospitable jungles. A group of America Heroes. And a man called Klaus.

This is an introduction to SquadronUK the British based superhero RPG.and an update of the Classic “Pilcomayo Project” by Pete Tamlyn

2-American Dream
Friday evening
The Classic American Dream scenario by Simon Burley, with a twist.
a Rogue Hero, a Mad Scientist, an army of Super Soldiers and a diabolical plot to take of the world...
You are a small, but elite unit of Heroes. Major Dawson of D.I.C.E has recently contacted you, a Super-heroine, has gone rogue, destroying Camp Hero in the US. it is believed she might be heading to the UK? She is armed and dangerous. Intel indicates she may have American Eagles Sceptre. S.O.L.O advise caution.

3-Alien Exchange
Saturday Morning
The Classic Crossfire/Reunion scenarios by Simon Burley, with a twist.

This a combination of Crossfire and Reunion, you are a group of Heroes about to be pulled in to a cosmic war, being played out on the streets of England. a kidnapping, a bunch of cosmic heroes and more aliens than you would ever need.

4-The Pact at Starlight
Saturday lunchtime
The Second Starlight Pact are called to investigate the missing Moonblade by a man called MR Price, who wishes to meet them at Borley Rectory, this is a Supernatural/Superhero romp.

The New Starlight Pact are: Psyborg, Dr. Salem, Arclight, Wisp & Ghosthawk

5-The Singularity Bomb
Saturday evening
Someone is looking for the Brahmadanda. a weapon of infinite power. if they find it, and if they use it. existence will end, forever. are you man (or woman) enough to prevent this.

Minds will be bent asunder...

6-Queen Victoria & The Holy Grail
Sunday morning
this acts as a prequel to the epic Queen Victoria and the Shadows out of time 5 part campaign i ran last year.

Marcus l Rowland's Classic adventure brought dragging and screaming in the twentieth century.
Only True Heroes need apply, those worthy of a quest, no of THE Quest, the quest for the Holy Grail.
I say Grail, not a cup used by a carpenter. I mean Dagda's Cauldron the Thirteenth Treasure of Great Britain.

And finally
7-Officers of D.I.C.E: Remembering the EAGLES
Sunday afternoon
The year is 2014, this is an Officers of DICE investigation into the disappearance of the E.A.G.L.E.S.

Can you discover what happened to the team back in 63?

This a low powered adventure with normal or street level heroes.

Prologue
In December 1939 Jackson Jordan famed Justice Associate was on a secret mission for the OSS. A mission he never returned from. His plane disappeared over Norway. January 2013, a Norwegian mining vessel discovers the frozen remains of a tri-plane. In which they find th long lost Jackson Jordan, Who once thawed wakes up and says "Toliver you double crossing..." then passes out. Jordan has no memory of thee months leading up to his disappearance.
The Norwegians hand him over to D.I.C.E.
Now Jordan and his fellow Officer's of D.I.C.E are on a mission to find out what happened to Toliver Chance, and what does this have to do with a missing British Superhero team.

On Thursday at 7:00 pm a man matching the description of the Toliver Chance of the 1930's, was captured on CCTV, he had not aged a day. he had placed a single red rose on a plaque, on the floor, near the fountain in the centre of Postman's Park in London. the plaque one of many which give then names of the fallen Heroes of the Victorian era. The Legend on the Plaque, says "Jersey" 1881 a hero to the end.

Gentlemen, (and ladies) its time to go to work...

Officers Of D.I.C.E: the rapid response team
Major Dawson, Avril Hansen, Jackson Jordan and Tom Holmes (Great Nephew of George Holmes).

I know 7 sounds a lot but after last year i ran 5 and was champing at the bit to run more...

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Games Expo is this weekend, I believe. Wanted to wish Kevin good luck with his mammoth undertaking.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 pm

its gonna be a fun one, found myself wondering if i could fit a Delta Green game in after 12 on Saturday. utter madness.

currently adding the final touches to the whatever happened to the eagles adventure.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 pm

You are indeed slightly bonkers. Hope it goes really well for you and give Simon our best.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSalem on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Hey Kevin,

Just wanted to say thanks for running the game at UK Games Expo yesterday. I was Steve who played Dr. Salem in the Starlight Pact thingymeebob. I enjoyed it, not played GH for 20 years plus, good fun. Ta Smile

DrSalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Welcome, DrSalem. I'm sure Kevin will be glad to hear you enjoyed the game.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:21 am

Thanks.

of the 7 games only one team failed in their mission, the New-Eagles failed to recover the Holy Grail, instead falling in to the depths of the otherworld. it took a group of normal humans to help release them, this group of normal also found the missing Eagles from 63 and the team that had been trapped in time..Go them.

it was a very enjoyable weekend 7 games of 4 hours each is exhausting. that said the max i could have run is 8 so next year i might just push it.

ill try and do a quick summery of each game at some point.

The Singularity Bomb which i ran which crossed over with Simon's game (we had people jumping dimensions/ tables) was so cool we are going to try and run it again at Dragonmeet.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Ok, I may have to go to Dragonmeet if that's the case  Very Happy 
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:28 pm

We got a clap from the players after the game ended. i will be rewriting the adventure, to make a couple of improvements. to both parts.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:34 pm

Given all the events in the adventures i ran last year i have a potential 8 adventures. some are sequel. some are prequel ( there will be a sequel to the Pact at Starlight).

i am going to list them now. so next year i can come back and see which ones make the final cut.

1- Hitler and the Holy Grail, SquadronUK the WWII superhero team go hunting the Grail (John Bull, Jack Tar, Tommy Atkins, Spitfire, Hurricane, Windlord and Howitzer) going up against the Children of the Aerie (see Finest Hour)

2- Reunion (the last published adventure i have not run) this takes place after An Alien Exchange, with the New-Eagles

3- Alone against the Krai (The Starguard try to return home with Corona in a stolen Krai battle cruiser) takes place after the events in An Alien Exchange,

4- The Singularity Bomb (Again)

5- Crawling from the Wreckage (sequel to the Pact at starlight)

6- Officers DICE II "the key of time". takes place straight after the events in the last  adventure

7- Something,Something Maltese Falcon. this takes place after the Officers of DICE adventure, and Queen Victoria & the Holy Grail (the combined New and old Eagles, must first return the grail)

8- Something Rotten in Crimea. this again takes place after the events in Officers of DICE. (Shadow V team who were trapped in time) takes place in 1942. with two American Eagles in the same place (hopefully they will not come in contact with each other... can anyone say Paradox

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSalem on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Will there be umbrellas, gambling addiction, waggling gemstones and second hand car sales again? Smile

DrSalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:44 pm

there will also be super heroes jemming dollars out of shopping trollies, which was funny, but not as funny as loosing all the money in slot machines.

i will be adding an umbrella to Dr Salem's character sheet.asap, and dont even get me started on the broken Moonstone...

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSalem on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:17 am

It was enjoyable, probably going to have a dabble at a few games with my friends at some point. Thanks for the session, hopefully I can make it again next year and join in again if you'll have me Smile Umbrella on the character sheet? Result!

DrSalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:48 am

ill keep a space open for you

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSalem on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Excellent look forward to it, ta Smile