The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

conventions

2 posters

Go down

conventions Empty conventions

Post by kevinrolfe Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Just though i might mentions this, i will be attending the following Cons and running the following games

Dragonmeet 2014 where i will run 3 Games
- Reunion (yes the one from White dwarf)
- Singularity Bomb 1.2
- the Death of a Hero (the untold story of American Eagle during the Korean War)

WynterCon 2014 where i will run 6 games 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday
these are tentative games
- Origin (revised Pilcomayo Project) last run at Expo 201
- The Doors of Hell or Nightmare quest (a tentative tale of the Fraternity, and the battle of Porton Down, from their perspective) title may change
- The Justice Associates curse of the yellow Peril ( a 1930s hero romp part on of three)
- Rise of the Ironclad ( the first iteration of Shadow V. and the capture of Edward English)
- The Golden Age ( an important tale of the early days of the EAGLES)
- The Siege of Deadwood  A Victorian tale with the First gunslinger set in the US.

And next year

Expo 2015 where i will be running 8 games 
- Hitler and the Holy Grail - set in 44
- The Singularity Bomb 1.3
- Officers of DICE Issue 2 a follow on from last years game part of the Shadow war crossover
- Something, Something Maltese Falcon EAGLE adventure that takes place after QV&HG and their escape from the Shadow plain, part of the Shadow war crossover
- Something Rotten in the Crimea after their release from the Shadow Plain, the team are sent back to the 1940's part of the Shadow war Crossover 
- Alone against the Krai, the starguard have left earth, after the events in Crossfire, this is the team going home
- Crawling from the wreckage sequel to last years Starlight Pact adventure.
- Justice Associates Escape from Mysterious Island ( the follow on to the Curse of the Yellow peril)

Each game should be seen are part of an ongoing Comic book series, all in the shared Eagleverse, with crossovers etc.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

conventions Empty Re: conventions

Post by kevinrolfe Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 am

Wyntercon is only round the corner, there seems to be a Steampunk thing going so I might dig out my top hat

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:05 am

Theses are the 6 games I will run

6 games of SQUARDONUK. Each one will be 3 to 4 hours long. Dependent on your time allocations.

The games will be 6 completly different games. Run in this order.

Origin (revised Pilcomayo Project) last run at Expo 2014
6 players

You are a group of Thrill seekers on a whistle stop tour of the Ancient Alien� sites in Mexico, none of you are superheroes, what will follow might just change that.

Betrayed, and kidnapped by FARC rebels, your lives are in terrible danger. ODESSA, inhospitable jungles. A group of America Heroes. And a man called Klaus.

This is an introduction to SquadronUK the British based superhero RPG.and an update of the Classic “Pilcomayo Project” by Pete Tamlyn

The battle of Porton Down, a villain centric adventure. Set now, using the Fraternity
6 players
The mysterious Masquerade has hired you to steal the Fatima statue, and bring it to Porton Down, I mean what could possible go wrong?

- The Justice Assoiates curse of the yellow Peril ( a 1930s hero romp)
6 players
The lights dim in the theatre celluloid flashes on the screen, the music begins.

*The Justice Associates And “The Curse of the Yellow Peril”*

*Chapter 1 “ The Mysterious Island”*

*New York July 2nd 1937*

After breaking up a Triad gang kidnapping and shipping women to the far east the intrepid heroes, celebrate over a meal in one of New York’s more salacious restaurants.

The camera pans down to an expensive looking restaurant and zooms in, The door is opened by the door man he speaks “come in your table Awaits”. The black and white images of people eating are filled with their voices “here, here” and “ Raise your glass for the men of the hour, once again the Justice Associates have save the day”. Then the camera turns to a tall man in a tuxedo standing, he is carrying a pair of white gloves, he approaches George Holmes who speaks “George..dear fellow how are you”, George Palmer Putnam with tears running down his face raises his arm and with a single strike slaps Holmes across the face with his gloves, flash, a camera goes off catching the event as Mr Putnam speaks loudly to the A-list socialites who are sitting attentively in the room, “You sir...Are both a Bounder and CAD” he pause to wipe a tear from his eyes, “I blame you for my Amelia running off like...i blame you for her death”

The scene changes to a swirl of newspapers “read all about it..Read all about it” scandal in New York the crest fallen George Holmes has affair with missing pilot......Amelia Earhart.

Want to find out what happens next tune in next week for the next part of............. “ The Mysterious Island”

The Game begins in the restaurant seconds after the phone flash and Mr
Putnams outburst.

-Rise of the Ironclad ( the first iteration of Shadow V. and the capture of Edward English set in the Victorian era)
5 players
Edward English is a loon, out to kill the Queen, as the first shot rings out you jump into action, capturing English was the easy part, The Queen has a notion, she want this new group to complete, an undertaking. A simple thing.....

- The Golden Age ( an important tale of the early days of the EAGLES. Set in the 1950s)
6 players
It's the famous EAGLES vs their bitter foe, the Destroyer. A classic tale of daring doo, can you stop a madman trying to steal am A-Bomb ?

- The Seige of Deadwood A Victorian tale with the First gunslinger set in the US.
5 players

for various reasons you find yourself sitting in the saloon in the town of Deadwood.

Suddenly there is a scream and woman runs in the bar and screams "Chinatown is burning". Everyone runs out.

Before you can leave a filthy looking Hick stops you, "Boss, youse the law, cause i needs me a law man, eyes gotta showns you somit Boss, come with me afor they come back from chinky town"

despite any protests you have he leads you all round the back of the Bar to a small barn, in side he shuts the door and locks it, then he lights a lantern and illuminates the barn. which is bare except for a table with a blood stained white cloth covering something.

" see what i found"

he pulls of the sheet, revealing a human boy with feather stumps on his back where wings once were. the wings are under him, he has no genitals.

"i found me an Angel"

His eyes milk over and a blank expression clouds his face, he speaks.

"oh...yes master, now master..very well"

The hick raises his hand and from nowhere he produces a ornate knife and slices off his left hand at the wrist.

blood poor's from his wrist like water from a tap, all the blood gathers in the dirt and dust of the barn floor, where something takes shape a horned creature made of blood raises up and speaks.

"Tell me mortal. what do you dream of at night, when the demons come" he laughs in a demonic way. " so it begins" there is an ripping sound and the earth shakes.

outside a shadow dome is raising up over the whole town. "welcome to hell..."

Saddle up partner it gonna be a long night.

The game begins just after the Creature speaks.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonpaulburley Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:14 pm

I've just done my first convention of the year - STABCON.

Successfully play tested my new lite Steampunk rules.

My next is CONCEPTION in Dorset. I'll only be there for the weekend - last weekend in January.. Most of my slots are already sorted out but if anyone's going and wants me to run something in particular please let me know.

Simonpaulburley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum