legacy kickstarter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

legacy kickstarter

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

I am close to deciding on a go/no go for launching the legacy sourcebook, kickstarter campaign on the 1st of December 2014.

There are a couple of things I need to do my end. But I also need to think about the stretch goals I have some ideas but would like to know other people's ideas?

The book will be around 120+ pages and have all the original art from the original books.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: legacy kickstarter

Post by kevinrolfe on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 pm

i have submitted the Kickstarter.....

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 pm

kickstarter has been approved for go live.

here is the preview. no video as i fell out the loft and broke my back a week or so ago and felt 3 mins of me crying might not work...https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426158885/1962689261?token=0d1025cb

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Sounds both scary and painful - hope things aren't as bad as it sounds!
On the Kickstarter front it looks good. I think the key thing on stretch goals is that they are achievable and don't stretch out the timescales too much. I invested in the Call of Cthulhu 7th ed and although the goals are really good it's running a over a year late. It will be worth the wait but on time would have been good too. How about something like backer t-shirts? Maybe mini- comics for teams not in the main scenarios that are scenario hooks and include card characters?
Zenith's Back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:44 pm

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigJackBrass on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Heard about the book earlier this evening and I've backed it. My group always enjoyed The Redacted Supers Game and Squadron UK (several of us got a mention in the recent edition after playing in Simon's sessions at the UK Games Expo), so I've mentioned it to them to see if we can drum up a little more support. Good luck with the Kickstarter and I hope your injured back heals swiftly.
BigJackBrass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

me to, a fractured L1 vertebrae. hurt so much i blackout for a bit.

the kickstarter has been up for a few hours and funding is on 12%. so looking good just another 29 days to go.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Glad to see it's up and running.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm

An Unpolished snippet

Excerpt from Multi-Maxs book

My name is Thomas, but people call me Multi-Max, I would guess that if you are reading this you have broken into my safety deposit box in Baker street. Or, its 2020, when the money for the box has run out. Either way I am long gone, the doctors say the cancer is inoperable. I can imagine you flipping through my life, the adventures of the Multi-Max just to get to the important bit, the fate of John Bull and the Eagles.
The Government lied to us, they knew where they had gone, and what they were doing. And it had nothing to do with that Thing In the meteor, whatever it was.

I was not on duty that night, it was my mother birthday. But I travelled to the Eagle nest in the morning after Protectors appearance. I was very scared; Jeff was a sound bloke, not prone to fear. Two days earlier John had called the active members in and announced he had this special Mission planned.

That Davies from 6 had asked the Eagles to do something very secret. Never did say what, the only thing John did say was that it went back to Suez and something they found in the Sinai, in the mountains, he never said what, I check later and found no record of John being in Suez, I even broken in to Edens house and questioned him, but by that time he was an old man in his late 70s. I approached Davies and asked him. He just lied saying that, that was not his recollection; he said that John bull was not in a Secret Mission from MI6. John said he was taking the away team and leaving Howitzer, Anne (Triplex-1) and Protector to run things. He was going to take the Eagle Wing. He needed to maintain radio silence for security reasons.
When I got to the base and found something was trapped in the research dome, raging with anger. The computer was saying Triplex and Howitzer were dead and Protector in London, I was about to escape when I discovered that the Eagles computers had been purged and the backup tape was already missing, someone had been there before me. Searched to see if I could work out who had done this, that's when I found it, a rolled up telex on the floor. It was the last message from the Eagle Wing.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm

4 days....55% funded.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steeple_jackuk on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow Kevin, so glad that things are already motoring nicely. Been good to see you get this out, so I am going to back it. Fortunately its still got into the new year to run, so I'm going to wait to see to what level I can back it. But I wanted you to know that I am probably not alone in this.

Although my time is limited, and I may regret saying this, I can offer my help in a limited fashion with regard design or artwork, we'd need to talk fee's and contract if you're interested. I won't be offended if you're not, as I completely understand that there are many talented people out there and much that you can already make good use of. But I wanted to offer the support anyway, since I did that artwork for some of the characters way back when anyway and I noticed you using one of my original SQUK covers.

Sj

steeple_jackuk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I'll pm you...

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:02 am

The Singularity bomb is a scenario I have run with Simon Burley at a convention. There are two tables and two games a certain points players from one table get pulled into another dimension and dumped on to the other table. This goes on until they workout what hey have to do to stop the end of the world. This is a background snippet of what the Singularity bomb is.
The Manhattan Project
On 16 July 1945, the first atomic bomb was exploded near Alamagordo, New Mexico. The heralded in the Atomic Age.

The American physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer, director of the laboratory at Los Alamos where it had been built, who witnessed it, said later: 'I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.'

Oppenheimer was in fact slightly misquoting the epic Hindu poem. In the dialogue between the Kshatriya prince Arjuna and his divine charioteer Krishna, the god says:

I am all-powerful Time which destroys all things, and I have come here to slay these men. Even if thou doest not fight, all the warriors facing thee shall die.

Arjuna was talking about the Brahmanda Astra  though sometimes it is called the Singularity bomb, unlike the Brahmastra or the Brahmashirsha Astra which were used at Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa. creating the Lonar crater, and the radiation which can be found on bones in the area.

The Singularity bomb has not been used, the device has the power to collapse the multiverse in to a single reality. Arjuna a prince of the Kshatriya is weakened by the multiverse , he believes there are too many copys of himself, at first he sort to kill these Dopplegangers, as he saw them, however this proved fruitless, so he made a pact with two others, from the Eagleverse, Kestrelverse and the Ospreyverse, to help create the Singularity bomb. But they failed, that was until the discovery of the collapsing timeline, an anomaly had created a temporary timeline from the Eagleverse, (see Shadow V) from this timeline came hope, the Singularity bomb might just work. And the Magestry, the collective of the three now four Arjuna (the last from the collapsing timeline) are trapped in a cycle, a time loop forever to play out every possible scenario, in an attempt to collapse the multiverse.

Oppenheimer, in reciting from the Bhagavad Gita, pulled Arjuna from his astral real into the real world, beginning the cycle.

The Brahmanda Astra was broken down into three elements, science, magic, faith, in to hope it would not be used.

Science - the black stone
Magic - the Benben stone
Faith - the contents of Ark of the Covanent 

If these elements are brought together, from and in the same universe the Singularity bomb, can be used to collapse the multiverse.

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:45 am

Japanese supersoldier program

Banned since ww2 from having any kind of army, the Japanese only had a defence force, with limited resources, therefore there was no sanctioned supersoldier program, however, the private sector has been working on a supersoldier program, only instead of a suit of power Armour or a biological option, they are working of massive "Mecha", they are also throwing lizards into the Fukushima reactor...just in case.

Russian supersoldier programs

The Russians have had a series of power Armour which the west has knicknamed Boris. However there are a number of suits which fall into this category

Hybrid project - From the early 20's the Soviets were working on a supersoldier programs, first with the idea that a super Ape could be created, a hybrid human/chimp. Dr Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov worked in Africa in the late 1920s trying to create a monkey/human hybrid,  whilst officially unsuccessful,  there are rumours of a city of intelligent Apes living in Africa, it is also likely that through his research Ivanov, accidentally created HIV. 

Oborski MK1 to MK5 - Soviet era power armour, crude and big lumbering siuts. After Starlin canceled the hybrid program, the military turned to an engineer to called Professor Orlok Oborski* to create a suit of power Armour, and so the Oborski MK1 was born. The power armour program was thrown in the long grass in favor of the space program

Dyatlov - there was another attempt at a biological supersoilder program, but this ended after the tragedy that became known as the Dyatlov Pass incident. The research from that time is currently with Dr Grinsky Oborski, who, rumur has it, has made some of Miebachs research work. Time will tell. Offical Dr Oborski is head of the Russian Olympic medical staff.Theremin a Russian Cold Warrior, is thought to be from this program.

IVAN NKV MK1 to MK3 - the current power armour program restarted in the 90's, and culminating in the IVAN NKV.  The MK3 is still in use today.

*Dr Grinsky Oborski appears in Crossfire, is his grandson..

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:35 am

Kevin, belated congratulations on reaching your funding goal on Christmas Day, no less. And you're now through two stretch goals as well. Last chance for people to jump in as there are now five days to go.
steveraceuk
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks. It was a very nice present. .

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:11 pm

65 hours to go, 125% funded.......fingers crossed....

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:14 am

thanks. 50 hours left

kevinrolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:51 am

Down to minutes,  now, 110.....109....108