The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

+4
doctorx
kevinrolfe
steveraceuk
apn
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by steveraceuk Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Some good stuff to think about there, thanks. I will sit down tomorrow night and get my background over to you.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by BigBadJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 am

I'm most of the way to a rationale based on initial power rolls. Unfortunately I can't seem to send PM's - I just get a message saying I haven't reached the limit for sending PM's yet. I get the same thing on Windows and iOS, so it seems unlikely to be an OS problem.

That limit seems pretty safe if I can't work out how to send a PM at all!

As nobody else is discussing their builds in detail online I will likewise refrain in the meantime; however, if I cannot send PM's I will eventually have no choice.

In the meantime, are there any limits on rationales due to the setting? No aliens, no magic, anything like that?

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:45 am

Didn't have any problems with PMs but I'd done about half a dozen posts already. Try a few more thread comments and give it another go. No limits set for me......
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:50 am

I think you do need to have a number of posts before you can access PMs but it's been so long since I joined I can't remember how many

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:54 am

Whilst that is not mentioned in the FAQ that does ring a bell

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:55 am

Oh I see; a posting limit not a PM limit!

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks for your advice everyone!

If there's one thing I'd change about the SqUK generation procedure, it'd be Characteristics before power rolls, as they give a broad hint to the original identity. I can think of two distinct ways to implement my current rationale (and thereby choose further power rolls), but at least one of them will make no sense if the physical characteristic rolls are poor.

Might post that on the new game suggestions topic to raise my post count and put it in the right place.

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Talk to doctorx I'm sure if there isn't too many changes he'd come up with a compromise you are both happy with.

Don't forget you get to change two scores about after they are rolled that's what I did.

By the way I'm more than happy to allow all to read my characters background if doctorx doesn't want us to keep things secret due to adventure hooks he might have thought up Smile

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:34 pm

I've sent Dr. X a first draft rationale; I'll see what he makes of it. Might have been coloured by seeing Days of Future Past yesterday...

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Lol not seen that film is it any good?

Mine is more tied to the land and the British Isles than an experiment / accident

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:59 pm

The origin of mine goes back to 69 and a CIA assault on a temple in Cambodia

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:05 pm

My first one requires two decent physical characteristics to support potential as an athlete. Got a second which should work with almost any characteristics but won't look as cool!

Days of Future Past isn't bad but I'd have played at least one tactical trick they missed... Some good ideas but one or two movie standard inconsistencies!

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:12 pm

BigBadJohn wrote:
In the meantime, are there any limits on rationales due to the setting? No aliens, no magic, anything like that?

Aliens? Magic? Tiny people in bottle cities? Talking gorillas? Annoying imp wannabe-sidekicks? Comedy wise-cracking, stogie-chewing wildfowl?

This is Neo London, good sir! Expect all of this and MORE!  Very Happy 

Seriously, don't let your imagination be hindered in any way by worries about 'believability' or any such nonsense! This is a SUPERHERO comic with everything that implies!  Smile  If you haven't read it I recommend Alan Moore's run on Image/Awesome's SUPREME series or his work on TOM STRONG for an example of how I'm envisaging the feel of the campaign. I'm giving my imagination free-rein and I'm all in favour of you doing likewise. Enjoy!  Smile 

Okay, off to scale today's PM mountain. Great work so far, guys. Keep it up!  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:16 pm

kevinrolfe wrote:The origin of mine goes back to 69 and a CIA assault on a temple in Cambodia

That rings a bell ...
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:22 pm

It should do, because franks is back....

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Just finished Albion and 1963. I'll have a look for tom strong

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Top 10 may also be good source material, then.
Personally I also liked Planetary.

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason45 Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello doctorx,

I've just joined this forum on the recommendation of Zenith's back.

Played loads of superhero games, including squadron supreme, but never tried pbm or a forum (yes I'm a techno luddite).

Would be keen to play though if you had space.

cheers

J

Jason45

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 pm

He is, it's true.......... Keen and a techno- Luddite ......
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi, Jason 45! Welcome to NEO LONDON! I'll try and get your power rolls up in the next 24 hours!

I'm conscious a couple of you are waiting on Characteristic rolls or upgrades to said. Apologies I haven't been able to make any progress on that today. I have only just got in from work and am completely shattered. I'm caught up in a viciously-heavy couple of weeks at present but it should start to ease off in a few days time.

Thank you for all your interest, patience and enthusiasm. I did at least come up with a cool Supervillain to unleash on you today!  Twisted Evil 

And I second the recommendation to take a look at TOP 10; Very clever stuff from Moore again!  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 pm

No problem, doctorx. I'm sure we all understand that this process is time consuming for the GM and appreciate the effort you're putting in.

Oh, and welcome to jason45.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason45 Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:35 am

Dear Doctorx and steveaceuk;

I have received a private mail but now seem to have deleted it somehow. grateful if it could be resent.

Iu also seem unable to reply hence posting here.

grateful for any help.

cheers

J

Jason45

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenith's Back Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 am

There's trigger limit on posts before you can PM. Try commenting on a few threads then try again.
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:03 am

Hello, I've just rescinded the 5 post limit on PM's. You should be able to send and receive messages now. Can you let me know if this is not the case? Thanks.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Okay; can I just check if any player is awaiting any information or feedback from me regarding their characters? I've been trying to keep up to date, but it's been a bast - (inserts Comics Code Authority logo) - erm - tough couple of weeks. Happily, they're behind me now, so I should be able to make some real progress in the next few days!  Very Happy 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next