The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's out - 2nd Edition

4 posters

Go down

It's out - 2nd Edition Empty It's out - 2nd Edition

Post by steveraceuk Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 am

Big news is that Squadron Uk 2nd edition is now available on Amazon. Both the basic game and complete core book are now available.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's out - 2nd Edition Empty Re: It's out - 2nd Edition

Post by jamat Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 am

Hi there Steve I have the book burning a hole in my bag at work but won't be able to look at it till I get home tonight Crying or Very sad

Anyway Golden Heroes was my first ever supers game I have when it first came out and though I've played a few in my time I still come back to it .....

I have high hopes for this one as my replacement go to game for Supers will let you know my thoughts on it once I've read through the rules.

Jamat

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Welcome Very Happy . I'm liking the new book at lot. I've only got the basic book at the moment as i'm holding out for the promised hardback. I'm playing at Dragonmeet this Saturday so will get a chance to try the rules out.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I've got the full rules book and love it. Loved Golden heroes to bits (literally I have 3 sets in different states of wear and tear).

The rules are well done and the fact that there are now skills in it is an added bonus. Like the way there is the basic and advanced rules that really helps with new players.

Character Gen is fun as I've always loved random super power generators.

Sadly I will not make Dragonmeet even though I live above 15 minutes away as I agreed to take my 8 year old daughter to winter wonder land in Hyde park tomorrow.

Just have to find a group that will run a game or more than likely an online games if there's one.

Thanks for the welcome by the way.

Jason

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Hope you had a great day at Winter Wonderland. Dragonmeet went well. Three out of four games of SQUK full to capacity and fun had by players in all four. I got to meet Simon Burley which was a thrill as well.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duanewoolley Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I've always been a fan of Golden Heroes, recently started playing it again. Just ordered the new version. Amazon says delivery on 5th January... can't wait.

duanewoolley

Back to top Go down

Post by duanewoolley Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Amazon's excelled themselves, my copy of the game arrived this morning. First glance, looks good. Look forward to reading it and hopefully converting the GH game to Squadron UK.

duanewoolley

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am

Hi and welcome

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the new game. I've found character generation takes a bit of getting used to as although there are similarities with the old system, there are also significant changes. I've been rolling up some characters for Kevin and this has helped me get my head round the system a bit more. I'm also planning to convert some of my old GH characters over to the new SQUK.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duanewoolley Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 am

Spent some time last night trying char gen. I think I need to read through more of the rules to understand the system a bit more. The checklist is good. I don't quite understand how Energy Blast works, I'll have another read of it and the other powers and try again. I do like the phased approach to rolling powers and background.

duanewoolley

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm

I would agree that Energy Blast is confusing as written. I'm still not quite sure how it works and am thinking of ways to perhaps re-word it to make it clearer. Possibly an example would make it easier to understand. I'll post something here when I have a chance to get it clearer in my head. Essentially, as i understand it, all attacks in the game do 1D/2D damage, and whether it's KILL/Stun or STUN/KILL varies depending on the situation. With energy blast, level 1 gives you this base damage as normal, and your energy attack is available at this level every round. If you want to increase the damage you can do with your Energy Blast, you can gain a bonus 2D for each additional round your attack takes to recharge, up to a maximum of 5 rounds. So, as i understand it, if your energy attack takes 5 rounds to recharge, you gain an additional 10D to your energy attack. These extra 10d can be spread throughout the five rounds.
I have found that doing more characters speeds the process up as you get more used to the gimmicks and other options which are available
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm

I'll post a question on the Yahoo group and see if I can get Simon to answer it. I'll then post the answer here.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:11 pm

dont mention the lack of Telekinesis,

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Steve

Did you ever manage to get an answer from Simon on the wording for the energy blast as I'm still a little confused about it.

Hopefully I'll start rolling up some characters soon.

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm meeting up with Kevin tomorrow night who's a member of the SQUK authors group. I'll ask Kevin to post the question directly to Simon and then let you know what he comes up with.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum