The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for the game

4 posters

Go down

Thanks for the game Empty Thanks for the game

Post by Moonshadow Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 am

I used to play Golden Heroes 20 years ago, and always loved it - much better than D&D any day of the week. Now my teenage son is looking at RPG games, a search on the internet found me Squadron UK. I've bought the Referees manual and a couple of the basic rule game books, and am hoping to run a game for him and a few friends next week. It's a bit daunting as I was never a good Games Master when I was a teenager - hopefully I've learnt a few things since then.
I'm really looking forward to it. I think the books were very good value for money, and I'm hoping that will encourage many people to start playing, and generating material that others can use. As a father of 4, I don't really have time to generate my own campaigns and am more than happy to use others.
I do, however, have one negative comment. There are a number of mistakes in the 'manual'. Mostly, it's clear what is meant, but for some of the more difficult to understand rules/examples I'm never quite sure whether there's a misprint, or I'm reading it right. If you need anyone to proof read the Campaign book that you're planning on releasing, then I'd happily do that. Years of looking at boys' homework has given me the ability to easily spot mistakes.
Thanks for the game, and bringing back some great memories - here's to many more new ones.
Pete.

Moonshadow

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the game Empty Re: Thanks for the game

Post by steveraceuk Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:26 am

I wholeheartedly agree that there are some areas of the rule book which could use some clarification. One item that seems to be causing a lot of confusion (at least in my head) is the energy blast rules. I'm trying to put together a clarification and will post here. Can you be more specific about the areas you find unclear?
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by apn Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 pm

See in the house rules section for my take on Energy blasts, but in a nutshell.

Roll to hit. The more accurate you are, the higher 'accuracy' you inflict.

Spend energy points on the blast. Spend 1-5 points for x1 to x5 damage. Multiply it by the accuracy you scored on your roll.

Split damage 50/50 for htc/htk apply to target (reduced by dividers if applicable).

I'd probably do the same for superstrength and any other damage causing power.

Why? Speed. One roll to hit/damage and you are done. More accurate you are on the to hit roll, more damage you do, as opposed to hit (maybe with a great roll and do crappy damage cause you rolled low, which is the GH way.

apn

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Squadron UK 1st edition was an update of Golden Heroes. but 2nd Edition is not its a new game with the flavour of the previous versions, but different enough not fall foul of the GW-lawyers. hence some of the unclear elements i think.

it still has beating in its heart, a heart of Gold...so to speak

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down