The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To kickstart or not to kickstart....

3 posters

Go down

To kickstart or not to kickstart.... Empty To kickstart or not to kickstart....

Post by steveraceuk Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Some of you may be aware of the Kickstarter phenomenon, whereby the producer of some form of service or entertainment can ask people to pledge money to fund a project. RPG's have had a lot of success in this regard and some superhero games have used this method to fund supplemental books or whole new editions. Do we think this is something Squadron UK could make use of? I know that Simon Burley is a one man band and has, I believe, stated that this is not something he feels he could get into. That said, what sort of things would you like to see if the game were to be kickstarted?

I'd like to see a revised, prettier version of the rulebook. Some commissioned artwork, and a rules polish would be good. Stick telekinesis in there, rewrite the energy blast rules and that sort of thing.

Stretch goals? A new GM screen, cardboard stand ups and index cards and new scenarios, or even some of the original scenarios re-statted for the new game.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

To kickstart or not to kickstart.... Empty Re: To kickstart or not to kickstart....

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am

perchance to dream ?

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

To kickstart or not to kickstart.... Empty Re: To kickstart or not to kickstart....

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 pm

That said i wonder how many would purchase, The Legacy source book for SQUK?

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am

An update on this.

things are moving in the right direction on this project, i will be doing a Kickstarter on this book, need a little more time to polish off the book.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Archaeus Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:12 pm

How the heck did Simon Burley get the new SQUK printed, and how much did that cost? If it is cheap enough that may be a better option than Kickstarter.
Archaeus
Archaeus

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:14 pm

It's print on demand. The idea to do a kickstarter was to be able to by some extra art etc.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Archaeus Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:19 pm

How is the Legacy thing going? Can you give us an update?
Archaeus
Archaeus

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Yes. first draft has gone to the Editor....
New Character sheets for each system..99% done
System conversion rules 90% done.
Golden Heroes NPC's 70% done
Street Maps, crossroads/ Roundabout done.
Currently getting the Hero/Villian cards working.
Two of the 5 Scenarios need polishing

i will be running Origin and the Rise of the Overlord Campaign at UK Games expo, ill actually be running 8 4hour games all SQUK

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Archaeus Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks for the update Kevin. Smile
Archaeus
Archaeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum