The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon's Activities

3 posters

Go down

Simon's Activities Empty Simon's Activities

Post by Simonpaulburley Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi,

I just realised that I'm cracking on with stuff and not necessarily keeping people informed. So here's a quick update.

Squadron UK

Currently available for SqUK are:

The Colour hardback (through RPGNOW.COM or Leisure games). Still the best version of the rules.

B&W softback from RPGNOW, Leisure games and Amazon

Basic Rules from RPGNOW, Leisure games and Amazon

Squadron: X from RPGNOW, Leisure games and Amazon

The Worst of British (villains book) from RPGNOW, Leisure games (Colour) and Amazon (B&W)

THE COMICS CODE

As you probably know, I've also written a super-lite quick-play Superhero RPG. I'm not turning my back on SqUK, it's just that sometimes you don't have the time for a game. It also might attract a different demographic. (Think of SqUK as a film and TCC as a TV series).

I've just finished the first draft of THE CODE OF THE SPACELANES - superlight sci-fi RPG.

I'm working on THE HAND OF FATE - a quick-start pack for SqUK. (I've stopped giving the basic rules away for free - this will be my new loss-leader. A simple scenario with pregens.)

On my worklist are - FINEST HOUR (SqUK in WWII - update/conversion of an earlier product) and various other genre books in the "CODE" series (THE CODE OF THE WEST will probably be next).

CONVENTIONS

If you want to try out any of these, I'll be at:

LonCon Sci-Fi convention - Thursday 14th-Monday 18th August

ShadowCon - Sat/Sun 23rd/24th

CamCon - Sat 30th August

Concrete Cow - Sat 13th September

DragonDaze - Sat 20th September

Oddcon - Friday 10th - Sunday 12th October

Furnace - Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th October (currently only running one game there)

Wyntercon - Friday 31st October - Sunday 2nd November (I'm a "special guest" there)

Indiecon - Friday 7th - Sunday 9th November

Dragonmeet - Saturday 6th December (mainly manning a trade stand but I will be running a game in the evening and on Saturday.)

Cheers!

Simonpaulburley

Back to top Go down

Simon's Activities Empty Re: Simon's Activities

Post by kevinrolfe Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

I am going to Wyntercon and dragonmeet

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:38 am

Simon, I'd be interested in hearing if any progress has been made on The Hand Of Fate, the quick start module for Squadron UK?
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonpaulburley Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm afraid I haven't got anywhere near finishing it.

It turns out that writing a quick-start is HARD. My initial attempt at writing character sheets that contained all the information you need to play the game didn't work. Too much flipping of sheets and searching for info.

I HAVE decided that the "hand of fate" scenario was too simple and wouldn't hook new players so if I do finish the pack, I'll use my unpublished convention scenario "The Long Minute" instead. You've all played that one with me. It's simple but FUN.

Thanks for the kick up the backside. I do need to revisit this.

What I HAVE been busy on is my steampunk lite rules THE CODE OF STEAM AND STEEL. First playtests this weekend were very positive.

I also intend to scrap my current website and replace it with one I can maintain more easily.

Simonpaulburley

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Simon, thanks for the reply. Always good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that the quick-start has stalled. Hope you can find a way to make it work. Glad to hear that the Lite Rules are working for you. I must give Comics Code a go at some point.
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum