The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Character Generation from Squadron UK book

2 posters

Go down

First Character Generation from Squadron UK book Empty First Character Generation from Squadron UK book

Post by Hopeless Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am

Okay received my copy and now trying out the system with a first character generation...

So Powers rolled first with every 4th roll being on the backgrounds table;

1)Information: Originally thought about Eidetic memory then noticed Precognition so more on this later
2)Energy Sense: Light Manipulation maybe
3) Energy Sense x2: Telepathy?
4) Background rolled Training
5) Choose
6) Flight
7) Cloaking: Okay with light manipulation figured this would be okay
Cool Background didn't get any so rerolled and got Endurance power

So looking at this I thought choose Strength for spare power leaves him with no protection but that can be worked on with experience.

Characteristics:
Strength (7) 20+1d6+1 (Training) for a total of 24
Endurance (12) 20+1d6 for a total of 21
Dexterity 14
Agility 15
Psyche (23-(7+12+14+15= 48/4=12)=) 11+1 (Training) for a total of 12

Kill: 12d6 for a base of 32 and +9d6 for a total of 54
Stun: 12d6 for a base of 41 and +9d6 for a total of 75

Is it bad to wonder if I could swap those over?Rolling Eyes 

Okay the Solar Guardian is the paternal great great grandmother of this character, unlike her he is South African by birth but was born with his chameleon-like invisibility always on so was home raised by his father after his mother fled.
With help he found a way to revert to normal however his photokinetic abilities allowed him to negate gravity allowing him the ability to fly, originally he only possessed powers in his chameleon form but eventually he gained them even when visible which had been because back then being somewhat invisible was his perceived natural state.
He still suffers from bouts of being unable to become visible when undergoing some stress such as when his marriage collapsed.
He possesses an innate link to those closest to him that resembles telepathy as well as precognition when they're in trouble but his career started back when his father was ambushed and killed and he ended up in the care of the minions of a supervillain who helped him overcome his loss but also began his career as a supervillain until his dislike of endangering innocents led to him retiring his supervillain identity and trying to rebuild his normal life.
When someone took out three office blocks and nearly killed his daughter (The Light) he assumed her identity whilst she was hospitalised, although she recently recovered and reassumed her heroic identity it has left him more worried about her and he has reassumed his former identity but as a hero and is trying to caox some old friends of his back when he was a villain to join him since they share his dislike of whats happening to their home town...

Hopeless

Back to top Go down

First Character Generation from Squadron UK book Empty Re: First Character Generation from Squadron UK book

Post by jamat Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am

the only problem with swapping stun and kill will mean that you will go down quicker as a lot of attacks tend to do more stun than kill unless you are up against really ruthless villains.

I like the character though I'm on holiday next week so will be taking my book with me I have lots of backgrounds (some posted on here) that I really need to stat up.

Hope you are really enjoying the book by the way. I wish someone would run an online game ... i've placed an ad on Rpol.net for a GM but no takers yet.

jamat

Back to top Go down

First Character Generation from Squadron UK book Empty Re: First Character Generation from Squadron UK book

Post by Hopeless Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:35 am

I'm interested but I'm still reading through the book.

In the meantime...
Squadron UK Game Discussion Query

Hopeless

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:39 am

Hi Hopeless just had a look at your link sounds interesting set up.

Have you read any of my backgrounds I've posted here ? feedback always welcome

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down