The Eagle's Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

+4
doctorx
kevinrolfe
steveraceuk
apn
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by Zenith's Back Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Caught up....pm sent
Zenith's Back
Zenith's Back

Back to top Go down

Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone fancy running a play by post game on here?

Post by doctorx Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Received and responded to!

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Is there a place for one more in the game ?

Not been here for a few months but a game of squadron uk would be fantastic

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:03 pm

There's always a place for one more! Thank you! Fantastic to have another player!  Smile 

I'll try and get your dice rolls up within the next hour! Stand by...

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Ok just so I'm clear you are rolling our first four powers and background roll then we spend the last 3/4 points?

That sounds cool  Very Happy 

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:31 pm

You can use your remaining 3 or 4 rolls to upgrade rolled powers or to roll further on the Powers table.

Stand by to check your PMs. Here come the first four...  Smile

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:38 pm

No probs take your time.....*crosses figures and hopes for some good rolls*  Cool 

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Ok got your pm and answered it Smile

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:00 pm

PM received and responded to!

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:01 pm

And re-responded Smile

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Check your new PM. It's a doozy...  Shocked 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 pm

My god  pale 

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by steveraceuk Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:41 pm

You're looking a little pale there, Jamat  Very Happy 
steveraceuk
steveraceuk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:20 am

if you saw what powers were rolled for him you'd go pale to  Shocked 

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Interesting

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:33 pm

well our glorious GM rolled 4 powers all the same which, in his words

" All my planned Supervillains have just retired and gone home.."

So I've put forward a slight change in line with the rules that might make him less of a minimax character Smile

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:10 pm

It depends on the power and how useful it is. Level 4 invisibility you cannot be seen no really you cannot be seen. Level 4 strength hulk smash.

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadJohn Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Newbie decloaking...
Interested in joining my first pbm for a long time; is there still room, and what turn frequency is anticipated?

BigBadJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Ok Dr X How long till its clobbering time

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm

BigBadJohn wrote:Newbie decloaking...
Interested in joining my first pbm for a long time; is there still room, and what turn frequency is anticipated?

Welcome aboard, BigBadJohn!  Smile I'll get your power rolls up tonight. Bear with me...

As to frequency, I'm relatively easy on that one. What works for you guys?

Last edited by doctorx on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:51 pm

kevinrolfe wrote:Ok Dr X How long till its clobbering time

Not too long now, I hope. Apologies it's taking me a little while to get up background stuff. It's been a PIG of a week work-wise. Things should start to settle down in the week ahead and I should have a little more time to spare. At the moment I'm fielding an army of PMs from you all on character creation!!  Wink 

All your characters are looking good. Stand by to start receiving Characteristics scores. You may want to start thinking about Skills as well (although this is one of the things in the rules that I'm new to, so bear with me if I'm a little unclear on how it all works...  Embarassed )

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Okay, your Characteristic rolls are about to be PMed to you.

Please remember that you can swap any two rolls over.

If I can ask you to calculate your character's PSYCHE score accordingly? Thanks.  Smile 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorx Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:53 pm

Something extra I'd like you to think about while generating your characters...

I'd like each player to list a few people they think are important in their characters lives when they're in 'secret identity' mode - in effect the supporting cast in your particular character's story - boyfriends/girlfriends, frail, elderly aunts, the school bully who makes your life a misery, the genial (if slightly mad) scientist whose experimentation gave you your powers, the annoying kid brother/sister, the loyal butler and confidant... you get the idea.

At least one would be appreciated for each character (although if you think your hero is TOTALLY alone, that's fine, I can work with that). Let's set a top limit of about half-a-dozen each. It just adds a little depth to the proceedings and gives me more options when it comes to exactly who's been tied to that giant, ticking bomb, if you know what I mean...  Twisted Evil 

doctorx

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinrolfe Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Well there's dave the escapologist

kevinrolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by jamat Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:33 pm

hope you are all having fun rolling up characters I know I am and I've come up with an interesting one I think Smile

jamat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next